Friday, March 8, 2013

Coming Up Soon!

Hola!

Okay, so I want to dedicate this short post to the things that people can look forward to seeing up here on GwBD and to touch on a few other random things. :)

First of all, remember how I talked about those interview questions a while back? It was last year when I did the post about talking to people, specifically close friends, about your bleeding disorder. Well I found those old interviews and I'm planning on posting them up soon! These came from two of my very best friends, and I'm putting them up to give an example of how a chronic illness does not stand in the way of true friendship! Your friends are part of your support system. A huge part of it, actually. Open up and share if you haven't already, and fill them in on what's up. They'll be happy you felt comfortable enough to share, trust me. :)

Second, I'd like to announce that my co-author and partner here on GwBD, Megan, will be posting about some of her experiences very soon! The post should definitely be up by next week, so look forward to that. :) She's coming back from a Conference for people with bleeding disorders and I'm sure she'll have some great things to say, as usual!

Third, I'd just like to point out how many pageviews we have here on GwBD. *drumroll* 3,453! That's right! We, as a blog, have been visited over three thousand times! I cannot tell you all how happy this makes me. :) Not because it's "my" blog, and not because it's some kind of blogging popularity contest, but because we have possibly reached hundreds (maybe even thousands!) of people in the bleeding disorder community. :) There are girls who may have stumbled across this blog and found support and encouragement simply in the fact that they're not alone! This is the real reason I ask people to leave comments or email me. Because I want this blog to be a community, and that can't happen without participation. :)

Which, of course, brings me to my fourth and final point. ;) I would really, truly, deeply love it if some of you would volunteer to share your stories here on GwBD! I'd love to start a string of posts featuring different women (and hey, I wouldn't mind featuring a few boys as well!) who have tried and triumphed during their battle with VWD or another bleeding disorder. You're all the reason that this blog keeps going, and your respective stories are an inspiration to all of us!

If you are interested in sharing, email me at toastandjammy@aol.com and we'll get the format and details worked out. :)

Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! Much love!

Jamie :)

1 comment:

Kari Peepe said...

Thank you so much for sharing your stories.... I have platelet storage pool disorder, very similar to Von WB. Here's my story... Http://atouchofscarlett.blogspot.com